Welcome to my Blog, Local Art, Mountain News, This and That.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Block Printing with Celeste

Celeste is one of our members who lives some of the time in Alaska. That in itself is amazing to me, because I think of snow, wind, ice and tundra.. She visits her sis during the summer. I think I might come to Ca, in the winter if I lived in Alaska, and spent summers there.

This time she showed us her beautiful art work, done with Block Printing, each piece is printed at a time. AFTER you think of a design, after you carve out the block. It used to be harder to carve the blocks but now it is a bit easier with new products and softer materials to work with..

I have just shown you a small piece, she brought us amazing large framed pieces to see, depicting life in Alaska. Very amazing and fun to see each step that she takes to finish this beautiful art work. Thank you Celeste for sharing your passion with Block Printing.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment