Welcome to my Blog, Local Art, Mountain News, This and That.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Not a Llama, but a cow.

Ever feel like you have suddenly walked though the looking glass with Alice.? We have 4 llamas, and one is black and white.. I came down to feed, and had a very odd feeling that what I was seeing was very strange... it has 2 horns, round ears and a tail, and is not my black and white llama! No llama's in sight.

I turned and ran to the house for my camera, because no one will believe me, and in the process called my next door neighbor, since he was a cowboy! I had no idea where my llamas were, or where this animal came from.. Monty and his son arrived and tried to get it into the next field, I found the llamas screaming at the other end of this field, as this cow went to the far end the llama's ran toward my neighbors fenced area, where we sometimes let them graze.. at least they were safe.. I thought I could help shoo this guy out, but when he lowered his head at me,,, I thought twice about that.. Finally he ran though our fence and out to the river.

It took me two days to get the llama's to even come home, had to bribe them with grain. Don't things always happen when your husband is out of town? This is the first time we have had a cow in our field, and I hope it is the last... The llama's were not to keen on this guy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment