Welcome to my Blog, Local Art, Mountain News, This and That.

Monday, August 5, 2013

YoYo's on the prowl



A couple of explanations!   I am bringing RiverWind back to life.  It is a blog I started awhile ago.
Sometimes we get to a place in our life where everything does not fit so nicely into a square box.

I am trying to do some writing about the artists at Timberline Gallery, and things I see around town. Town being Oakhurst, Coarsegold and the local communities. And since vivianhelena-creates blog is still on a trip and has some personal "stuff" to tell about, I will continue the trip there.  I have had many tell  me how much they are enjoying our cross country journey and I will bring you back to California.

So here we are back in town.


  The Yoyo's are a quilt circle. What does that mean? The meaning in quilting is a little round piece of gathered fabric, or they could be that toy you had as a child with a string attached.  In this case, a group of ladies chose to name our Quilt Circle,  YoYo's. What do we do, get into mischief, quilt, eat, travel, go on retreats and enjoy each others company. Just have fun!

We also challenge each other, as art quilters.
 


We have been together for 10 years, hard to believe but true.
Our challenge this time is a 10 X 10 inch square.


We prowled Thimble Town in Visalia for a fabric we all could live with, or create around.

Oh, did I forget to show the fabric,,, sorry,,, got to wait.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment