Welcome to my Blog, Local Art, Mountain News, This and That.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Point Bonita California

Once a year I go to Point Bonita for a quilting retreat. It is a very special time with friends that quilt.. The beauty of the area is both stimulating as well as calming and inspirational.

Every year I take photos, mostly from the same vantage points. I never tire of the view of the Golden Gate bridge. Thinking of the cars, trucks and people that pass that way every day.. Some taking it for granted others in aw seeing it for the first time.



On the other side are the old Bunkers, with their rusty locks and weathered sides. There are little smudges of graffiti showing through the white wash.. On week days & week-ends there are visitors of all sorts. The young and older, walking, and riding.

Visitors also enjoy the Light house. Although I think this year they are redoing the bridge that connects it to the land.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment