Welcome to my Blog, Local Art, Mountain News, This and That.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas, a special time of year

Christmas is a special time of year. You hear it on all the radio's, T.V. and what ever electronic devise you have.. Last minute shopping, new products, anything your heart desires.. you just have to have the funds to buy it..

The least expensive gift to give is your friendship, and caring for one another.. This is the time of year to say Thank you, to Help, to Share feelings, ideas, and for Giving.. Some times the hardest is giving of ones self.. Looking at the years past,, I can say I have been blessed to have many friends.

It is a precious gift, the sharing of oneself.. I have a card file for the Christmas cards sent & received .. some go back to the 1960's. Also I keep the file cards of friends that have passed on.

Might seem strange, but I feel this is a special time to remember them. The fun or the serious moment we shared.

What new friends will the New Year bring? Will I call them friends or acquaintances. Will they be like ships in the night, just passing by..

There are so many wonderful poems and sayings about friendships.. Each one must be held close to the heart..

From my heart to yours, Have a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful, healthy, Happy New Year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment